Sunday 10 May 2015

Friendly Challenge.

I have had a wonderful weekend which started early for me on Friday morning with a day of scrapping at my friend Helen's. 
With the usual chatting and eating thrown in for good measure of course!
Then on Saturday I had organised a craft shopping/pub lunch day for us Bradfield croppers and we all had a lovely fun filled, retail therapy outing.
By the time I got home an invitation to an evening bbq awaited to top off my wonderful day. 
Back to the scrapping, I have mine and Helen's challenge to share with you and this time it was a tic-tac-toe set by Helen. 


This is the choices we played with.


This is the layout I made using the challenge and my choice was the top row of stitching, buttons and doily. I came across this spotty paper and realised it would be perfect for the photo's of my girls in Disneyland Paris waiting for 'rain' at this outdoor prop.


In this photo you can clearly see all of my choices. 


I used my Sew Easy tool to make the holes in the paper for my stitching. I usually forget all about this great tool and glad I remembered it this time.


Here is Helen gorgeous take for the challenge and she used the options down the right hand column, doily, washi tape and paint splats.
Helen's photo stars her youngest daughter's pet gecko's Sid and Mollie. She had cleverly taken two separate photo's of her gecko's and joined them together in Photoshop!


This photo shows all of Helen's choices.


Helen had also used her Sew easy tool along with the circle attachment to create the great looking stitching in the background.

I do hope you enjoyed another Friendly Challenge courtesy of myself and Helen. We love setting these challenges with each other and this year we even set six challenges each at the start giving us a whole year's worth to play with!

Our next one is going to be adding beads to our layouts - something we haven't done in years!
Any ideas you have feel free to share with us!

Thanks for checking out our challenge.
Until next time. xx

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea and the layouts - I am in need of some scrapbooking inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kerry!! You and Helen did an amazing job crafting these pages!! LOVE them both. And the stitching is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete